If you’ve started to grow some produce to put out for others to forage from, it’d probably be a good idea to make a sign to let people know that they can help themselves. You can either download the document at the bottom of the front page of our website. This has 6 signs on it with the Edible Cutteslowe logo on. There’s a space to write the name of the crop and then you can laminate in plastic, cut them out and attach to sticks.
Or, here is an idea from Becki Huth, the Forest School Leader at Cutteslowe Primary School.
This sign was easy to make. I upcycled things I had lying around the house. Here’s a picture of the things I used.
What you need
- Plastic for your sign. I used scrap laminate.
- Rafia, twine or string
- Hole punch
- Marker pen
- Dimensional paint (or, you can just use a marker pen)
What you need to do
- Cut the plastic to size you want your sign
- Use the hole punch to put a hole in each corner, tie on the rafia
- Write your message on the sign with the marker
- If you are using the dimensional paint, use this last and leave to dry overnight